Monday, April 18, 2011

Daisy Chain

Dog and Daisies. Photograph by Tim Irving
Dog and Daisies - Tim Irving
I was having a conversation about favourite things, when daisies entered my mind. On reflection, daisies are very important to me, and do you know what? I didn't have a photograph of a single daisy in my portfolio. These are truly memorable little flowers, discreet, trodden under foot and plucked out of the ground without a second thought. A bunch of daisies is probably the first gift a child gives its mother. These are flowers of joy.


Where Fairies Live. Photograph by Tim Irving
Where Fairies Live - Tim Irving

3 comments:

  1. Love the place where fairies live, Tim, lens wide open I see and to good effect, what ever happened to the bluebells ?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to Dog & Daisies. And after I saw Where Fairies Live, I began to wonder if Dog & Daisies was taken from the fairies' point of view. The great white hunter of elves, trolls, leprechauns, and fairies. Does he spit out the indigestibles? Is that why you've only completed illustrations of fairy WINGS???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these shots.

    I'm partial to daisies. Many people consider them weeds. I consider them one of the happiest of flowers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone