Thursday, July 19, 2012

I'm reading: The Flaneur by Edmund White

The Flaneur by Edmund White - Photograph by Tim Irving
I've just finished a wonderful Sue Grafton novel, H Is for Homicide. This is my second reading of this mystery novel. First published in 1993, I found it as fresh and funny as when I first read it.

Today I start reading The Flaneur by Edmund White. A Flaneur is someone who strolls without purpose. Edmund White is an American who lived in Paris for sixteen years. This is a book about wandering the avenues and back streets of Paris, unknown to visitors.

Do you read books? I'd be interested to hear what's on your reading list.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on The Flaneur. And your photography is splendid. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had my nose in a book since early childhood, am surrounded by them at home, and have stacks of them on, beneath, and inside of my bedside table. A current sampling within range of my pillow includes but is not limited to: two Art & Antiques magazines, "Good Poems" selected and introduced by Garrison Keillor, a biography about Edna Saint Vincent Millay I'm slogging through and, best of all, one of my very favorite books ever, "My Family and Other Animals" by Gerald Durrell published in 1956. This is my third read of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Google Plusone